Last updated: 30 October, 2019
Thank you for visiting Home Screen Network, TheBigScope, Spark.Live, Sparktv.in and its mobile application Spark.Live (individually or collectively, as the context requires, referred to as the Website). In order to provide information and services to visitors and registered users (User or Users) of the Website, Visitorweb Technologies Pvt. Ltd (HSN) will, from time to time, collect, store, use, process and transfer certain Information (as defined below) of the Users. The Information we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit or use the Website.
1. Types of information we collect
We receive and store the following types of information (Information).
- Information you provide to us if you sign up, register or are on-boarded: We collect the following information as a part of the sign up/registration, on-boarding process, which includes:
- Personal information: for example, your name, age, gender, marital status, preferences, geographical information;
- In case of any transaction made to access content on the Website, data including data on payment methods, financial information such as details pertaining to your bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instruments and any other information relating to your income and lifestyle. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer support, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- Contact details such as your postal address, telephone and fax numbers and email address;
- Account related information such as your username, password, account history, billing information and communication, transactional and payment history and payment related information;
- Other content and data that you provide while using the Website: for example, blogs, discussion boards, chat messages, membership of mailing lists and other data, documents and images stored on our servers;
- Information when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, interests/preferences, or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically, including if you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Website, read pages, or download information. Your web browser software transmits most of this information to us. We automatically collect and store the information such as the following about your visit:
- The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access the Website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the Website, device and software characteristics, connection information, language settings and time zone;
- The date and time you access the Website;
- The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other documents you download, such as PDF files and word processing documents and statistics on page views;
- Your watch history, search queries, social engagements, chat conversations;
- Details of your interactions with us, including customer support such as the date, time and reason for contacting support;
- If you linked to the Website from another website, the address of that website;
- Web beacons, events and other technologies, including ad data such as information on the availability and delivery of ads, referral URL, timestamp.
- Account and profile data from third party services, for example, if you choose to log in, access or otherwise connect to the Website, HSN Services, or contact HSN, through a third-party service (this depends on the level of privacy settings you have in place at the social networking site), we may, for example, collect your user ID and user name associated with that service, as well as any information you make public using that service;
- Information you have authorized the service to share with us (such as your user ID, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, pages you have ‘liked’ and other account and profile data);
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP Address in order to customize our service and for other related purposes;
- Select partners that make our service available on their device, or which offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, online and offline data providers from which we obtain demographic interests based on online advertising related data, and publicly available sources.
2. Use of Information
We use the Information, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about a User, for the following purposes:
- To make our Website more useful to Users and to learn about the number of visitors to our Website and the types of technology our visitors use. For example, we use Information to analyze and understand our audience, improve our service and optimize algorithms;
- To provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts. For example, we use Information to determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations of content we think will be of interest to you, determine your Internet Service Provider and help us efficiently respond to support requests;
- To process your registration and in connection with your payments;
- In connection with our security and compliance programmes and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use Information to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud and enforcing our terms such as determining eligibility to participate in an event;
- To manage our relationship with you, communicate with you and provide our services effectively to you. For example, through email, push notifications, text messaging and online messaging channels so that we can send you updates about HSN, new features and content released on HSN, promotional announcements, consumer surveys assisting you with support requests such as password reset or trouble with log-in.
- To compile statistical and demographical profiles and data for our business and marketing activities;
- To produce reports on trends and statistics, such as mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices, or the number of users that have clicked on the Website or evaluated or purchased our products and services;
- Monitor your use of the Website and the services in order to ensure your compliance with the Terms;
- We find that your actions on the Website violate the Terms or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- Payment information that you provide to us, including credit/debit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for our products and services;
- We are required to do so by law, subpoena, court order or legal process;
- Any other purpose required or permitted by the law.
3. Disclosure and Sharing of Information
- Visitorweb Technologies Private Limited: We share your Information with Visitorweb Technologies Private Limited including its members, affiliates and subsidiary companies, for data processing and storage, provide you with access to our services and new features, provide you with customer support, make decisions about service improvements, content development and other purposes described in the Use of Information section. If you are located in a jurisdiction where such sharing requires your permission, we will only do so with your consent.
- Business partners: We work with a number of third party business partners, including marketing and advertising partners, who help us offer HSN Services, including, for example, our content programmers, distributors and corporate owners. We may share information collected from or about you with such business partners. If you are located in a jurisdiction where such sharing requires your permission, we will only do so with your consent. Please note that if you access our services through a tool that hides your location, such as through a virtual private network, you may not receive our request for permission because we will not be able to identify you as being located in a jurisdiction where your permission is required. When we cooperate with a third party to offer co-branded products or services to you, however, we will do so only if permitted by applicable law and, in these cases, such third party is not authorized to use your personal information for purposes other than those related to the co-branded products or services.
- Service providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (Service Providers) to perform services on our behalf, to assist us with the provision of services to you, or to assist us in our own marketing and advertising activities (including providing us with analytic information and search engine optimization services). For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marking, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit/debit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to analyse and enhance data, and to process and administer consumer surveys/feedbacks. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programmes which, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Third parties in connection with certain transactions: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition or sale, or other transfer of assets or other similar sale transaction, we will transfer Information, including personal information from or about you to one or more third parties as part of the transaction, including during the due diligence process.
Information disclosed by you: You may also choose to disclose your Information in the following ways:
- (a) While using the HSN service you will have opportunities to post feedback or other information publicly, and third parties could use the information you disclose;
- (b) Certain portions of our service may provide you with an option to share information by email, text message, and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device;
4. Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options
- Email and text messages: You always have the opportunity to opt out to receive certain communications from us via email or text message. In order to opt out, please contact support by sending us an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email message you receive from us. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us such as messages relating to account activation or transactions.
- Push notifications: You can choose to receive mobile push notifications from HSN. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings’ functionality to turn them off.
- Interest-based ads: Interest-based ads are online ads that are tailored to your likely interest on your use of various apps and websites across the Internet. If you are using browser, then cookies and web beacons/telemetry can be used to collect information to help determine your likely interests. If you are using a mobile device, tablet or streaming media device that includes an advertising identifies, then the identifies can be used to help determine your likely interests. You can opt out of interest-based ads by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance or European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or by using the opt-out mechanism in the ‘Interest Based Ads’ link in the footer of the site you are visiting. This type of opt out is cookie based, which means that if you replace or upgrade your browser, or delete your cookies, you will need to opt out again. Opting out in this way will not prevent you from receiving ads – it will just make the ads you see less customized to you.
5. Your Information and Rights
The User will, at all times, be given the option to review, update and correct any inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete information that has been provided by accessing the User’s account upon logging in to the account. Users could also choose not to share information with HSN, but in such cases, HSN will not be able to provide services on its Website.
6. Security and Retention
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures for all information systems under our control to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Services or over email, and any transmission is at your own risk. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
For security purposes and to ensure that our services remain available to Users, we may employ software programmes to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. Notwithstanding anything stated above, we reserve the right to use information from these sources to help identify an individual or prosecute malicious use or misuse of the Website.
When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
7. Age Limit
The Website is not directed to persons under the age of 18 and does not knowingly collect personal information from such persons. You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the HSN service. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
8. Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
9. Cookies and Internet Advertising
- Web Beacons or Pixels: In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies such as web beacons or pixel tags, which can be embedded in web pages, videos or emails, to collect certain types of information from your browser or device, check whether you have viewed a particular web page, ad or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the content, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the content was viewed.
- Advertising Identifiers: Advertising identifiers are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the ‘Identifier for Advertisers’, or IDFA, on Apple iOS devices and the ‘Google Advertising ID’ on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, advertising identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant.
- Mobile Device Identifiers and Software Development Kits (‘SDKs’): We may use or work with third parties, including our business partners and service providers, who use mobile SDKs to collect information, such as advertising identifiers (e.g., ‘ad-ID’ or ‘IDFA’) and information related to how mobile devices interact with HSN Services. An SDK is a computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is, in effect, the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyse how you interact with content and advertisements and enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
11. Contacting Us
If you have general questions about your account or how to contact customer support for assistance, please contact by email at email@example.com.
12. Grievances and Redressal
We are committed to promptly address any grievances that you might have in connection with our use of any information that you provide to us. Accordingly, you may communicate any grievance that you might have by emailing or telephoning us at the contact number provided here: 91-84484 44262. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours, we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.